The term SEO is majorly doing the rounds these days in the technological and digital field. So, what is SEO?
It is Search Engine Optimization (SEO), which self explains itself. ‘Search Engine’ the software on which we browse(search) and ‘Optimization’ taking its working into control so that we get our desired results. Each and every website created, aims for trafficking and top ranking of its site. This is when SEO comes into use.Basically, it is the process by which you can garner more traffic for your website and also improve its rating, by making its place in the top 10 organic search in the search engine.
As the competition is amazingly strong, there are a number of techniques and tactics to put into use to get more profitable and beneficial results. Here we are to discuss a few techniques of seo company in chicago to help you achieve better results.
- Use Small URL: Research has shown that short URL rank better. An optimal URL with 17-18 characters rank way better than the ones which are longer. So, try keeping your URL small and apt with necessary keywords (reason given in the next point), rather than having lengthy ones.
- Try incorporating keywords in your URL: By putting up keywords in the URL itself, will help people easily decipher what the link contains even before opening it. This will definitely get better results in terms of traffic.
- Use keyword in the headlines: According to studies, it has been concluded that when a keyword is searched and further links are opened with reference to it, users tend to glance through or scan through the article at first instead of reading. If your keyword is presented in the headlines and even the sub headingsfurther, and catches the user’s attention, he/she might read through the entire length of it and will be enticed to read it further and more. This will make them hang around on your site a little longer, gathering traffic for you.
- Try affixing external links to authoritative websites: When studies were conducted with different websites, it showed that sites with external links from authoritative sites like Oxford, Cambridge, Wikipedia (just to name a few) ranked much higher than the ones which did not have one such. Definitely it must not be overdone, but may be done when and where needed.
- Put in some modifiers in addition to the keywords: Modifiers are adding on words to keywords which will help modify the search as well has enhance the ranking and trafficking of a site. And now, keyword along with the modifier, “best places to visit in Europe during summer”. The results on the Google page will change. This nominal alteration in keyword will help in higher rankings.
Search Engine Optimization, its working, its techniques and tricks is a vast topic to cover. But the few techniques mentioned above will surely help you enhance your website trafficking and thereby the ranking.